Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- flour, unbleached 710 ml3 cups
- zucchini, grated 475 ml2 cups
- cane sugar 475 ml2 cups
- chocolate chips 235 ml1 cup
- vegetable oil 235 ml 1 cup
- pecans, chopped 235 ml1 cup
- eggs 150 ml 3 eggs
- orange zest 15 ml 1 tbl
- vanilla extract 10 tsp2 tsp
- baking soda 5 ml 1 tsp
- salt 5 ml 1 tsp
- baking powder 2.5 ml1/2 tsp
- cinnamon, ground 2.5 ml1/2 tsp
- nutmeg, ground 2.5 ml 1/2 tsp
- Scrub the zucchini with an abrasive plastic pad reserved for vegetables, and rinse before grating.
- In a bowl sift together the all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt with a wire whisk.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until frothy. Mix in the applesauce, oil, cane sugar, brown sugar, orange zest, and vanilla extract until even.
- Combine the shredded zucchini, pecans, and chocolate chips with the wet ingredient bowl and mix.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the flour mixture. Mix until evenly combined.
- Grease and flour two 8 x 4 x 2 in loaf pan. Pour in the batter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Test by inserting a toothpick or knife into the center of the loaf. When withdrawn free of batter, the bread has finished cooking.
- Transfer to wire racks after 15 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes before serving.
Zucchini bread with chocolate chips, orange zest, and cinnamon.