- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 8 ounce crushed pineapple, drain if canned
- 3 cups unbleached flour
- 4 eggs, or equal volume of applesauce for vegan
- 1 1/2 cups cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Scrub the zucchini with an abrasive plastic pad reserved for vegetables, and rinse before grating.
- In bowl, beat the eggs until light yellow and frothy. Mix in the sugar, oil, and spices.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and other dry ingredients.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the bowl with the flour mixture. Add the rest of the ingredients, saving zucchini for last.
- Gently stir in the zucchini until evenly distributed.
- Grease and flour two 8 x 4 x 2 in loaf pan. Pour in the batter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Test by inserting a toothpick or knife into the center of the loaf. When withdrawn free of batter, the bread has finished cooking.
- Transfer to wire racks after 15 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes before serving.
Pineapple zucchini bread recipe. Flavorful pineapple zucchini bread with cinnamon and vanilla.